Friday, 3 January 2014

3rd January 2014 - 23 weeks & 3 days


Well it is 2014! and I am over half way there now eeek can't believe how quick it is going, didn't do a blog last week as it was really busy with Christmas and new year so didn't get the chance.

Everything seems to be going ok with the pregnancy so far, have been feeling lots of movement now, all very low in my tummy. Got my next midwife appointment next week so we will see what she has to say about things, I also have my glucose test coming up soon, have to have one of these because of my BMI.

My symptoms are getting quite bad, but they are bearable, my back is a real problem now during the night, I am constantly waking up and having to switch sides, also heartburn/acid reflux has been really bad over the last few days, I guess that could be contributed to by the fact I ate quite a lot over Christmas or it maybe just because all of a sudden my bump has gotten a lot bigger and there isn't as much room for all my organs any more. Also my morning sickness seems to be making a reappearance which I am gutted about as I thought I was past that but every morning without fail this week I have been baulking and heaving, not actually been sick though yet touch wood. Last thing is the weeing, I am constantly in and out of the toilet, so what they say about it easing in the second trimester is a lie.

I am going to be trying some different 'cures' for heartburn this week so I will review how I got on with them next week - Gaviscon, tums, drinking milk/milkshake, eating yoghurts, eating love heart sweets, mints, zantac, rennies, chewing gum for extra saliva, chewits, ice cream, ice cold water, not eating big meals, raised pillow at night, warm milky drink at night, ice lollies or drinks, dy toast, ginger biscuits.... so just a few things to try haha, today I am on love hearts and milkshake.

I am enjoying my pregnant body, for once I don't have to hide my curves, although I do have my moments where I wonder if people are judging me for my size especially as the weight keeps piling on.

We have been doing lots of shopping in the sales this week and have finally bought our nursery furniture, we decided to go with the padstow collection from mothercare it ended up costing us £504.05 for the cotbed, changing unit & wardrobe (RRP. £799 a saving of £294.95)

We have come up with an idea of what we want our nursery to look like & we are going for something a bit like this:



We also got tons of bedding and clothes, and we have booked a private scan for the 7th of Feb the day after my birthday to see our little one again.

So onto measurements for this week:

Bust- 47"
Waist- 41"
Hips- 50"
Weight Gain- +1st 3lb

Symptoms this week:

-backache
-return of morning sickness
-acid reflux
-constant weeing

Pictures of my bump this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment