As you can see from my last post, I am doing a lot of improvising with things in a size bigger that offer plenty of room - for example my coat is made of a stretchy fleece material so hopefully it should stretch over my bump for a while yet & when it no longer does I can just wear the coat open as it is lovely and warm & comfy.
Bottoms
I am wearing my over the bump leggings a lot of the time as again these are so comfy on my bump.
The other option I am liking bottoms wise is black over the bump trousers that my cousin donated me - the only problem with these is they are a tad long and so it makes finding shoes to wear with them a bit limited as I have to wear them with a pair of wedge shoes I have, but they are not suitable for bad weather or days when I am too tired to walk round in heels all day.
On a weekend I also like to wear my women with control trousers which I have mentioned before, in particular a pair with what they call a 'hollywood waist band'.
The other option I have found I have been wearing a lot is a black jersey maxi skirt, I had never considered wearing a maxi skirt in winter before but with flat boots it actually works quite well & it is the most comfortable item I have at the moment.
Tops
In terms of tops I have found it quite a struggle to find something flattering So I have been tending to steer towards dresses particularly for work in particular, but the tops I have found myself wearing the most is just the cheap basic vest tops, as I am getting very hot at the moment and so don't want anything to heavy.
In fact since I've been pregnant I don't think I have worn anything other than vest tops & cardigans haha maybe I need to work on that!
Oh I do have one maternity top which I got from next a grey 'slub top' which luckily works well with most outfits so that is my other staple in the top department.
Dresses
I have a range of dresses in my wardrobe now but the one thing that they all have in common is that I tend to pick styles that are tighter at the top with plenty of room at the bottom, but definitely some kind of definition at the waist so you can see my bump rather than it just looking like I am wearing a sack.
I have a couple of dresses in Jersey material & the others are cotton, wearing dressings and leggings is my favourite as it is just so comfortable.
Nightwear
This is another thing which I am struggling with at the moment, although I got a great pair of my bump PJ's from mothercare which are great but have shrunk a little as I am always putting them in the dryer oops!
I think the best thing would be loose fitting nightshirts but with it being winter I haven't seen too many of these around, hopefully now people are realising the spring/summer collections I will find a few of these.
Most of my old PJ bottoms are still ok to wear under the bump, but my tops are now too short so I have been wearing my older vest tops with these for bed.
Underwear
Luckily for me my chest doesn't seem to have grown that much although I know for a lot of people it does- at the moment I have one maternity bra, without underwires (I have always worn underwired bras) and I find it to be quite comfortable.
And for knickers I am not having any problems with my usual pre-pregnancy knickers at the moment.
Extras
I am wearing a lot of long floaty cardigans, I have also already mentioned my coat & I am wearing a lot of scarves & jewellery to accessories my simple basic outfits.
I also seem to be constantly wearing the same one pair of flat ankle boots, am thinking of investing in them in another colour too hmmmm……
No comments:
Post a Comment