Sunday, 16 March 2014

Fashion Update

So this blog was originally meant to mainly be about plus size fashion during pregnancy, so I want to talk about how I have been getting on clothes wise. 

It definitely hasn't been as I thought it would be, I had visions of being a super stylish pregnant, but to be honest it hasn't really been the case. It has definitely now come down more to comfort. 

I also thought I would buy quite a lot of clothes throughout pregnancy, as I am a bit of a shopaholic, but to be honest it's at the point now where it feels pointless to spend lots of money on clothes to wear for just a couple of months.

Saying that, I have just bought a couple of new items from a new found maternity clothing (and some gorgeous children's stuff) website http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk 

I have gotten some yoga pants, which have been an absolute godsend, they are size 18/20 and a good fit and I would say I am a big 20 at the moment. They are lovely and stretchy and comfy with a nice over the bump panel, the only problem is they were very long, but I am short, I had to turn them up by 3" but I am 5"3:


I have also invested in a top which is suitable for breast feeding ready for after the birth, I had looked at some tops and not really liked the style of them with drop down straps and things which I found quote ugly, but all the tops at vertbaudet are gorgeous (I ordered 3) this is the one of the 3 I choose, purely sent the others back as I couldn't afford all 3 at the moment:


This is me wearing them:


Not the best picture but you get the drift!

I have also invested in a couple of nursing bras from M&S, which have a great range of bras which come in large back & cup sizes. 

The other thing I have ended up doing this week is borrowing the other half's clothes haha:


Another of my best buys was definitely my swimming costume as we are swimming at least once a week now so that was well worth while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment