Can't believe it is nearly 34 weeks now of being pregnant & only 6 more to go (if she comes on the EDD).
I have become really useless at doing this blog, which is silly really as I have a lot of spare time on my hands now that I had to start maternity leave early.
I have been off work for what seems like forever, and to be honest it is starting to get boring now! Although I'm glad I'm not at work because I am feeling really tired, I think if I had still been at work I would of had to be more energetic. If I had the choice I wouldn't of started my maternity leave early and if I have another baby & the choice to make again I will work until as late on as possible or at least 37 weeks.
Don't get me wrong, it's great chilling out at home getting all my cleaning and tidying done, doing my yoga, going swimming & generally getting ready for the birth. But it can be pretty lonely too when the other half is at work full time.
We went to the seaside yesterday as the weather is crazily nice for March & we took rolo, it was a lovely day out, but the car journey (1 & a half hours) was pretty tough as my belly felt all scrunched up & I kept needing a wee lol.
We have pretty much finished the nursery now:
We also bought her 'coming home outfit':
Everything is pretty much all ready for action now all we need is her to make her grand entrance!
Finally got my hospital bags packed, hopefully I am prepared with them, though probably not!
We have a name although I am not going to publish that anywhere until she's here!
I have gone from feeling frightened about the birth in the last few weeks to starting to look forward to her being here now, especially as her kicks are really starting to hurt & I am getting fed up of being pregnant now.
It's mad but my sciatica/back pain a couple of weeks ago just seems to have pretty much gone, it comes & goes but nothing like it was.
I had a midwife appointment a few weeks ago and everything was looking good from blood tests, even my iron levels were good which is surprising to me considering I'm a fussy vegetarian!
The only concern I have at the moment is about the fact that when the time comes because we won't know the midwives they may not take any interest in what I want for the birth... I have been reading into hypno-birthing and a lot is US based & talks about choosing the right care giver, well we don't get that choice here.
It's so weird watching her move around in my belly, I kind of like it but I kind of don't it's really freaky!
Bust- 48"
Waist- 39"
Hips- 54"
Weight Gain- +1st 12lbs
Symptoms this week:
-tiredness
-painful hips during night & in a morning
-painful kicks in the ribs
-breathlessness
Pictures of my bump this week:
Pictures of my bump this week:






No comments:
Post a Comment