What to say! On Wednesday I had my first stretch and sweep, not a pleasant experience really - wasn't even 1cm dilated just 1 finger tip, was also told I have a titled cervix, which makes it more difficult to get to & so more painful.
Today was induction at the hospital day & it was totally not what we expected at all, was told to arrive at 10am with my bags and to expect to be staying in. Here's how the day has panned out so far...
7am -
Alarm went off, got up had shower & breakfast etc.
9.40am-
Arrived at hospital ward, got put in a room with 4 other ladies on a bed.
10am-
Blood pressure taken
11am-
Midwife came to monitor me but I needed a wee, went for a wee, came back she had gone!
11.30am-
Got moinitored for half an hour for baby heartbeat and contractions
12noon-
Lunch came round, had some toast
1.30pm-
Young midwife came and weighed me, I went for a wee, when I came back another midwife was there said she had come to put me 'the ballon' in, earlier I had been told I would have a choice between the ballon and the pessary, so I was a bit shocked and said I haven't even been examined yet, she said it's ok I will examine you whilst we are in there so I said ok, she did a very painful stretch and sweep and said I was softening well and now about 1.5cm dilated, and that she was gonna put the ballon in then I could go home, she explained it all and so I had it done. It was quite painful to be put in and it leaves you with tubes hanging out of your lady bits, which felt very weird! So off we went home! Other half was happy as he got to watch football final, I went for a nap.
4.15pm-
Woke up from my nap, had a wee and the ballon thing fell out, so rang labour ward, told us to go back in for them to examine me & break my waters.
5.30pm-
Arrived back at the hospital, was put back in the ward again with one other lady this time same room.
6pm-
Midwife came to examine me, gave me another rather painful stretch and sweep, with the other lady listening not very nice experience to be honest! Said was progressing but no room on labour ward so sentence back home and if my waters break got to ring up, if not then they will ring me tomorrow when they have a free bed & they will break my waters....
So now it's just a waiting game! Hopefully tomorrow there will finally be a baby, will update in due course
No comments:
Post a Comment