Tuesday, 26 November 2013

26th November 2013 - 18 weeks

Well 18 weeks, so just under 3 weeks until the 20 week scan. I Can't believe it, it has gone so quick, but also slow at the same time. Doesn't seem long since the build up to the 12 week scan, being frightened in case there was no baby in there, and now we are nearly at the 20 week scan.
Amazing really, symptoms have definitely changed between then and now, the first 14 weeks were really hard, luckily symptoms wise, the last 4 weeks have been a lot easier.


We have finally started making a few purchases but it's still scary, still find it hard to believe that nothing is going to go wrong, don't think i will believe it until he/she is here.
A lot of people don't want us to find out the sex at the scan, but we are, I can't wait another 20 weeks, plus need to get all prepared.
So far we have purchased out Moses basket (mothercare) 

And we have put a deposit down on our 'travel system' which consists on pram, car seat & pushchair, and should last till walking age (apart from the car seat & carry cot they should last till about 15 months). (Mothercare)


We were going to go for the mamas & papas sola, but after a visit to the baby shops, we decided on our joie chrome after the man in mothercare gave us a demonstration and it is everything we need, easy to manoeuvre and about £150 cheaper than the one we originally wanted so very happy with it so far.

Plus size & it's affects on my pregnancy experience so far have been mixed, at first it wasn't even mentioned which I found strange, despite having a bmi of over 30.
But I now have an appointment on the 2nd of December with the consultant, and at my 16 week appointment the midwife decided to suddenly tell me of all the problems I could encounter from being overweight and especially as I also have a varicous vein - very high risk pregnancy.
I can't help finding it strange if I'm so high risk that they left it until 16 weeks to tell me, I am now on asprin to thin my blood.
Here are my measurements for this week:

Bust- 47"
Waist- 40"
Hips- 47"
Weight gain- +8lbs
Bump pictures this week: 

Sorry awful picture, I will try & get better.
Also putting on a pic of previous months for comparison:


And finally my symptoms for the week:
-heartburn
-lower back pain


That's about it for this week really long blog, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon ha ha. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment